Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Damage assessment

Third day now since the race, and no major damage. I did not have a single blister. I am not sure how I managed that.

I have two toenails who are contemplating a permanent vacation. Discoloration, but not black yet. I have only lost a toenail once, and that was skiing. (poor fitting boot, lots of moguls).

Ran 6 yesterday, 9:20 pace, 130 hr. Not too sore.

Funny, after all of that, I am no where near the soreness and pain after a road marathon. Those marathon miles building up serious LA can hurt. I thought I would have some of that, but I got lucky.

A quick heart rate recap from the race. 156 average. Some splits (between aid stations were 160 or so).

I will attempt to post a report from my Polar software for those interested. It was not a big deal to go from 140 avg hr to 155 for a race.

We will see how today's run is. 3.5 weeks until Ice Age

3 comments:

keith said...

Well since you don't hurt, maybe you should run Trail Mix.

Eh? What say?

Matthew Patten said...

That would be a no.

I thought of you today. I was a the Coca Cola plant today. In fact, i am going to have a coke zero right now in your honor.

Maybe if I stick a lemon in it I will lose 10 pounds

Kel said...

Toe nails are highly over rated anyway. Congrats on your race!