Friday, February 12, 2010

This Week - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

I decided to be more cliche today, hence the title.

From this week:

The Good
1 - Completed this workout
For time:
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound
25 L Pull-ups
40 Wall ball shots, 20 pound
20 L Pull-ups
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound
15 L Pull-ups
20 Wall ball shots, 20 pound
10 L Pull-ups
I did this at a Bally's in Brookfield, WI. I had a lot of strange looks. Took 31 minutes

2 - Got to run with the Lapham gang on a fresh 8-12" blanket of snow.

3 - Did the squat workout on Wed with no problems.
Resting 60 seconds between sets:
Back squat 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

The Bad
1 - See #1 above. It got ugly really quick. I finished, but it gone bad.

2 - See #2 above. I got dropped, or as they say it at Lapham "#%@&$#*", at the top of the peak. Jeff and Robert left me hanging out to dry (the squats from that morning caught up to me, as well as the extra 1/2 hour with Todd E.).

3 - Failed "Stephen" on Monday.

30-25-20-15-10-5 rep rounds of:
GHD sit-up
Back extension
Knees to elbow
95 pound Stiff legged deadlift

Made it to 7 reps on the Knees to elbow on the 25 rep set, and was done. Was dizzy and gone for about an hour.

4 - Only made it 2 rounds on this one.
Five rounds for time of:
Row 500 meters
135 pound Power clean, 12 reps
95 pound Thruster, 15 reps

And, I scaled down the clean to 95 pounds on the second round.

The Ugly
1 - See #1 above. I was a sad heap tredging through that snow at the 2 hour mark.

2 - See #2 above. It got ugly in the end. 2 reps on the pull ups and then a short break.

3 - #3 above. Knees to elbow are not fun.

**************************************

I was asked why I spend more time running with the Lapham gang than any of my fellow Minnesotans'.

The answer is simple.

With my job, I actually have more business in WI than I do in MN. When I am on the road, it is easy to go out for a fun run if I don't have to work with customers. When I am traveling a lot, it is hard to bail on the family when I am home.

I will start venturing out in March.

*************************************

Entering Zumbro tonight.

Game on

1 comment:

Helen said...

So long as your with us for the Border Battle(s) we don't mind... plus, you can bring back all the WI training secrets :)

Zumbro... less than 2mths away! No bother with the workouts you're doing.