Friday, January 4, 2008

Fix the knee - Start planning

As stated yesterday,

I kind of messed up my knee, I am guessing, at Richard T. Anderson on Adam's extreme course. I did not feel any problems until Tuesday. Something did not work right. So I am doing easy pace until it works fine.

This gives me time to think about the planning of SST 100. Adam and I might document it in a Podcast, but I am still learning that avenue. I thought it would be cool to have a "How we trained for a 100 mile" type podcast available out there, since I could not find one. My, what geeks we are.

I am also starting to think about "weekend training runs" with some of the fellow 100 milers (or anybody). Aside from the training races, I am thinking of at 50 mile to 100k distance in June on the trail. My thoughts were to find 3-4 other runners, plus cars, plant the cars at 10 mile intervals as aid stations, and see how long the first 40-60 miles will take.

Not only will this be good training, but will give me a good idea as to what my pace should be.

Chime in if you want to be a part of it. This would be similar to Julie Berg's "Beta" run she does in August. I would be concerned waiting that long as I need a better gage earlier.

So there is this blog, maybe a podcast, and maybe some video documentary to go with it.

It should be fun.

2 comments:

SteveQ said...

I'm up for every run on the Superior Hiking Trail anyone organizes. I'm planning on running the Kettle Moraine 100 on June 7, which conflicts a bit with your plan and I'm looking for someone to pace the last 38 miles and crew the first 62... if you're interested.

Wayne said...

Matt, hopefully your knee heals up quickly and with no problems. Put me on the list for a Superior training run. I can't keep up with you speedy guys, but I could be a rolling aid station and do my own out-and-back running from each stop. Or something like that. :)