I was down in Sconnie Land last night running with the Lapham gang. I told BrotherGrub "I am doing it. I have nothing to lose." He responded by saying "execpt for toe nails, skin, etc.". I clarified by saying "Okay, nothing to lose which won't grow back".
I signed up for Sawtooth 100 Mile last night.
I was supposed to be crewing up there, but those plans changed. And now with 4 weeks left, I need to get my butt in gear.
* I will be down to my lightest weight in years, or ever by race date (goal is 165.... I was around 180 for Ice Age this year)
* I have been loosely following the Pale Diet again, and my body back to burning fat instead of glycogen. This, I believe, could be me key to solve my stomach problems
* I just feel good. I may not be "trained", but training for that race does not improve your chances all that much.
* Have a chance to relive the epice battle between me, Grub, and Bero.
* Could crash and burn (but that is true with any 100)
* fill in the blank
I am going up there to have fun. I know the course, I know the race, I know the strategy, I think I could get to finish line. I just might take 35 hours.
Nothing like coming back in style. Leaving the blue tarp at home