Friday, July 31, 2009

New Beginnings

And.... I am off to LA for a fun weekend (solo) with friends and "the in-laws", then it's off to start the new job on Monday.

I will be up and down the coast a little next week, visiting the "production facilities" and corporate offices of the new gig. I am very excited to start the new gig.

I was hoping to get in some awesome trail runs in So-Cal and mid-state, but the chaffing from Voyageur is still really bad. I almost went to urgent care the other night. It is healing, but dang..... THAT HURT. I made a lot of mistakes last weekend.

Good luck to those who are also in the job hunt. Just keep moving ahead.

Oh yeah, I just signed up for Superior Sawtooth 100.

D'OH!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going out on Thursday for a family function, I am hoping to squeeze in a run on the beach ..Good luck with the new job.......Stew

Wayne said...

Chaffing sucks and I think it should be illegal. Congrats on the new gig and committing to the Superior 100. Enjoy next week...

Zach said...

I knew it wouldn't take long to mentally recover and sign up :D

Chris said...

"You know your an ultra runner when..."

There are some fun lists like this floating around out there. You just showed one trait by signing up for Superior while still beat up from Voyageur. Like a true ultra runner, you're optimistic (and frugal...I just signed up today for Superior as well to catch the price break- see you there!) ~ Chris Hanson

Helen said...

Yeah - you signed up!! I'll be there on crew/pacer duties. Lookin forward to it. Have fun in So-Cal - rem to check out AC course for me!

Unknown said...

Matt, can't wait to see you out on the SHT. I'm certain you'll pass me along the trail somewhere, even with the 12 hour head start!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

New job keeping you too busy to blog??

johnmaas said...

Matt,
Congrats on the new job.
Superior, that's awesome!
See you there (I signed up for the 50).
John

Helen said...

Are you, like, sill in LA????