Friday, December 12, 2008

Baby its cold outside

Every Christmas season I get a laugh out of the ironies which are presented.

For years I have heard the song "Baby its Cold Outside" without really listening to the lyrics. Well, take a good listen, because the song is all about a man trying to get in bed with a woman. He uses the cold weather outside as his justification. Nobody has ever found this song offensive, but so many other things during this time offend people. Here, this guy is told no over and over, yet does not give up. He must be an ultra marathoner.

The point of the above paragraph, people just need to grow up and not be so easily offended. AND.... it is cold outside.

While I look at the TV when I wake up for the actual temperature, it is usually a little colder up here in the north metro.

I did not realize it was -4 when I ventured out for the 8 miles this morning. I was fine, but this is already getting old.

It was great to see the fellow soldiers out walking and running. We go from the head head nod (in the summer) to a fist pump "right on" in weather like this.

Tomorrow I am heading out to Afton for a run with "the boys" tomorrow. I plan on getting out there early to attempt a full loop before I meet up with them. I don't know how fast (or slow) the course is, so this shall be interesting.

I think a 50k run is probably out of the questions. Have to head home at 11am

1 comment:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Funny. Just heard the song a few minutes ago. Never noticed that before.