Thursday, November 15, 2012

Anybody up for a Winter challenge?

I have been toying with the idea for a while now (okay, every Winter) to do some kind of winter challenge to keep me motivated through the dark months of the Minnesota winter.

I was thinking of setting a bunch of benchmarks, ranging from short running distances, to more complete body workouts.

The idea would be to have certain workouts to complete during the week, and I post progress and updates.

In addition to the weekly workouts, I was thinking of having a bunch of other benchmark exercises to work on (pullups, pushups, squats, etc.).

Not sure how I would score it, but the intent would be to reward improvement.

If interested, you could sign up with me under your real name, or an alias.

Not sure what the specifics would be yet, but just trying to gauge interest.

Anybody interested?

7 comments:

wildknits said...

Interesting concept. I currently have a "core workout for slackers" challenge going for the month of November. Takes 5 minutes (and yet I am 4 days behind already).

Having others participate is motivating, and being able to note progress within only a few days is even more motivating.

My only concern is I do not have access to any specialized gym equipment, so I would be more interested in something that involves no equipment (or that typically found in the average home).

Matthew Patten said...

You will have the ability to pick and chose what you want to do. All you need to do pushups is a floor. You do have those in Duluth, don't you :)

wildknits said...

Ah.... I can pick and chose!! Perfect for my slacker self.

Anonymous said...

Can I have the Government hire someone to do this for me? Stewy

Budducci said...

Sounds fun, I'd for sure be up for some accountability on core work, which I'm not real strict on doing.

Unknown said...

Great idea, Matt! How would you "run" it? Linked blog posts? Comments/link-backs to this post or an "official one"?

valentynidleman said...

Stainless Steel Magnate Brushed Stainless Steel Plated Mens
Stainless Steel Magnate Brushed Stainless Steel Plated Mens. titanium dab nail This steel titanium nipple jewelry has a 2017 ford fusion hybrid titanium brushed surface and ti 89 titanium calculator is a highly durable coating,  titanium dioxide sunscreen Rating: 4.8 · ‎5 reviews