Sunday, April 15, 2012

Zumbro 50 Mile report

In short, I put forth a miserable performance.

To say I am frustrated is an understatement.

Another DNF, another struggle with hydration, fuel, electrolyte imbalance.

I completed 2 of the 3 loops. If I went for a 3rd loop, I would have gone into the body destruction mode. I did not want to do that with Ice Age in 4 weeks.

I originally considered this as a training run, and let myself get amped up to make this a race.

It is what it is, and it ended up as a brutal training run.

But.... I did not damage... physically.

Emotionally I am struggling as my body has clearly changed in the last few years, and I am struggling to adapt.

So chalk it up as a training run.

At least this puts me in a great position to have a great run at Ice Age.

Many great stories out there yesterday and the day before. Hopefully I will get the motivation to capture some of them.

At least I got another cool shirt :)

2 comments:

Scott said...

It was a bummer to see you by the fire, I thought maybe I could jeer you out there. Sorry to hear you came home in rough shape, but you know where this race fits into your plan, so that's good. I hope you get back on the horse for Ice Age.

Scott said...

The puffy hands throws me off because its a sign of high hydration but either high or low electrolytes. But reading through that table, I'm pretty sure I have been low on electrolytes in my last few races. Glad you posted this, I think to think on that.